UNION STATION ATTRACTIONS REOPENED:
Welcome back to Union Station and our award-winning attractions.
Our carefully managed reopenings are complete with enhanced health, safety and hygiene procedures in place. Note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of Exposure to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.
Like you, Union Station – since reopening – has focused on the most current guidance from National, State and Local health authorities. We’ve altered many of our previous best-practices and continue making adjustments in order to meet or exceed recommendations regarding a comfortable and confident guest experience.
As attraction schedules and capacities may change, please watch both our Union Station website and social channels for the latest detail available.
Q: What differences shall I expect to encounter upon returning to Union Station and its various attractions?
- Science City
- Open Tuesday - Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM, Sunday 12 PM - 5PM
- Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium – .
- Open Tuesday to Sunday
- Model Train Gallery
- Open Tuesday - Sunday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Union Station’s Ticketing Office Hours
- Tuesday - Sunday: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Union Station’s Building Hours remain 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- To check on details of our Tenant Attractions (Museum of Illusions, Escape Room, Theatre for Young America, Kansas City Actor’s Theatre, etc., please check their respective websites and social channels)
A: Purchasing Tickets
- All guests, including Union Station Members, are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase tickets to Science City and the Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium prior to their visit at tickets.unionstation.org. This ensures your attraction entry into both venues during this time of guest capacity restrictions. Walk-up tickets will only be available until capacity limits are met.
A: Visitor Experience
- Within Science City:
To maintain comfortable social distancing, Science City has implemented a dedicated one-way entrance and exit. All guests must enter through Union Station’s B-Level (space portal) and exit through the Science City Store on Level 1.
With our massive indoor and outdoor spaces, Science City has ample space for guests to explore comfortably and confidently. However, where tight passages and enclosed spaces exist, temporary closures have been implemented including Simple Machine’s Lucky Climber and Slide, Amazing Brain’s Mindball, the Tree House Staircase and Sky Bike.
A: Health and Safety
- Through-out Union Station and our attractions, substantial signage has been added to encourage and show social distancing, hand-washing, mouth-covering and best-practices regarding elevators, water fountains, etc.
- Hand-sanitizing stations and products have been located through-out our campus, with particular concentrations around points of entry and high-touch surfaces.
- Frequent sanitizing of high-touch surfaces has been implemented, along with use of new electrostatic spraying technology.
- Guests in Union Station public spaces are encouraged, but not required, to wear facial coverings over nose and mouth. Thank you for your help in this important effort.
A: Guest Amenities
- Wheelchairs are unavailable for check-out at this time.
- Water fountains are unavailable throughout the entire Union Station Campus.
- Water and beverage purchases, however, are available via Coca-Cola machines and from our restaurant and retail partners. Guests are free to bring their own water bottles.
- Our Information Booth in Grand Hall/Main Level is not currently staffed – please look for Union Station Staff who will be happy to answer questions.
Q: I am a Union Station member. With the closure for several months in 2020, are you extending our membership?
A: Yes, all memberships purchased prior to June 11, 2020 were extended a full three months from expiration.
Q: Can I book an event in one of Union Station’s several indoor and outdoor spaces?
A: Yes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Are you still accepting group visits to Science City and the Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium?
A: Yes, please contact Groups@UnionStation.org
Q: Are you accepting POGO Passes, Bank of America Museums on Us, Promo Passes, etc?
A: Yes, all partner passes are again being honored, assuming their expiration dates are still valid
Q: I don’t yet have a plan to visit, but I want to donate to Union Station. How can I help?
A: As a 501©3, Union Station is thankful for your support. You can explore different ways to donate here.